“Implementing ITFM and gaining the value of IT cost insight is not as easy as simply buying a tool and clicking next, next, next”
IT Financial Management is a discipline ensuring that IT infrastructure is obtained at the most cost effective price (not necessarily the cheapest), calculating the cost of providing IT services and enabling decision makers to understand the costs of its IT services and make informed decisions. Ideally this ends with cost recovery from the customer of the service.
Understanding your true cost to serve and using this information to make informed decisions is not an easy task. Typically organisations struggle with answering even the simplest of Service consumption and IT cost related questions:
- What is my actual current IT spend?
- How do I identify the breakup across departments?
- What are the components of each Business Service?
- What is the correct way to measure usage?
- Do I have data available to measure the usage?
Successfully building an ITFM capability requires an organisation to focus equally on technical capability and business process.
Informed offer a range of services that assist organisations answer the important questions and fast track the implementation of your ITFM practice
A thorough review against our developed ITFM model, providing insight to optimise your ITFM practice, enabling accurate, fact based decisions to be made.
Service Costing Framework
A framework enabling you to transform from a cost centre to a value generating business unit’ for your organisation.
Cloud Cost Optimisation
A demand management model for the optimisation of your cloud operations to provide an optimised cloud delivery model.
A robust framework for accurately identifying all service components / component costs to define the true cost of each technical and business service.
SaaS applications for CIOs, IT Finance and I&O professionals:
- Apptio Cost Transparency – Eliminates the error-prone and time-consuming world of spreadsheets and automates the analysis of your IT costs based on data from systems you already own. With out-of-the-box reports for Finance, IT and the Business, you can quickly uncover insights allowing you to partner for smarter IT investments and business value.
- Apptio IT Financial Management Foundation – automates and centralises IT planning and variance analysis in a single application, enabling IT organisations to significantly reduce time spent in the budgeting and forecasting process. It provides a streamlined and collaborative process in an IT-specific context for cost centers, labor utilisation, vendor contracts, and asset depreciation and amortisation, fostering accountability of budget owners and increasing plan accuracy.
- Apptio Cloud Business Management – applies machine learning and heuristics to right-size, schedule, and switch cloud resources in real-time, and translates bills and maps and manages tags using a governance framework to provide real-time clarity into cloud spend by application and business consumer to drive accountability for consumption.
- Apptio Hybrid Business Management – gives IT leaders a single pane of glass to understand, manage and optimise multi-cloud and on-premises infrastructure cost, utilisation, and capacity; and identifies cloud migration candidates based on cost, utilisation, environment, and risk to accelerate digital transformation and increase the success rate of migration